Great hair is a struggle to achieve for both men and women. Thinning, brittle, dry, or breaking hair combined with cases of hair loss make healthy locks an impossible dream. Popular hair care brands are always releasing products that claim to build healthier hair, but some of the best hair solutions are readily available in nature.
One of nature’s secrets to healthy hair lies in the moringa plant, also known as the miracle tree. This plant is a powerhouse of nutrients, which includes:
- Amino acids
- Vitamin A
- B-Vitamins [Vitamin B1, B2, B3, and B6]
- Ascorbic acid [Vitamin C]
The beauty industry has caught up on the moringa craze and has created a variety of hair products. Today, you can buy moringa oils, soaps, and hair fall shampoo. So if you haven’t caught on the moringa craze, here’s why (and how) you should use this miracle plant.
Moringa Shampoo for Hair Loss
Hair loss can affect anyone at any age. Moringa’s properties of protein, zinc, and vitamins A, B, and C work together to repair damaged hair follicles and prevent hair loss. Moringa’s vitamin content also promotes a healthy and nourished scalp.
If you want to cure hair loss with moringa shampoo, start by finding the right hair product. Moringa shampoo combines the moringa leaf with a variety of herbs. This type of shampoo is formulated to repair split or dead ends, repair damaged follicles, and prevent hair loss.
With regular use of moringa shampoo, you experience the following benefits:
- Natural cleansing. Moringa has properties of a natural cleanser. It is heavy in zinc, so moringa shampoo is less harsh than other cleansers formulated with harmful chemicals that cause hair loss.
- Less hair fall. Excess hair fall happens when you are deficient in vitamin B. Moringa shampoo is rich in vitamin B, which keeps your scalp healthy and nourished.
- Less dandruff and moisture in the scalp. Dry scalp and dandruff trigger hair loss. With moringa’s vitamins B, C, and E, you nourish your roots, which in turn reduce dandruff and moisturize the scalp.
Moringa Hair Oil for Better Hair Growth
Another effective way to moisturize your hair is by using moringa hair oil. Healthy scalp moisture levels are essential in strengthening your hair. Most moringa hair oil products are packed with Omega 3, which moisturizes your scalp and hair and increases the diameter of your hair strands.
Omega 3 can also thicken your hair strands by plumping them up with healthy fats. A study from the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology analyzed participants who consumed Omega 3 supplements. The report revealed the participants experienced a significant increase in their hair growth.
Using moringa oil for your hair also treats split ends. The seeds used for the oil are packed with essential amino acids, strengthening your hair with protein.
Moringa Powder for Stronger Hair
Apart from oil and shampoo form, you can also use moringa powder. The powder version of the miracle tree, which can also be sprinkled on your food or used to make a smoothie, is rich in vitamins, minerals, and proteins and is low in fat.
Major benefits of using moringa powder for hair growth and health include:
- Better hair growth. Use moringa powder to make a paste for your hair. The minerals can help increase your hair’s shine and thickness. Moringa is also packed with amino acids, aka the cells’ building blocks.
- Healthier hair follicles. Spraying your hair with moringa powder mixed with water before you sleep promotes healthier follicles. As mentioned, moringa is rich in zinc. Healthy levels of zinc repairs damaged hair follicles, enabling them to recover more quickly.
- Nourish the hair with keratin. Moringa boosts the cells necessary in creating protein, which nourishes your hair with healthy amounts of keratin.
Iron deficiency has also been linked with hair loss for the year, making iron a crucial ingredient for healthier locks. Iron carries oxygen in the blood, all the way to the roots of your hair. A fresh supply of oxygen breathes new life into your roots and scalp.
Moringa is a good source of iron. One serving of moringa powder gives you half of your daily recommended iron intake.
Strengthen your hair, fight split ends, and moisturize your scalp while promoting your natural hair growth with the miracle tree. Incorporate moringa products in your daily hair care routine to enjoy stronger and healthier locks the natural way.